|This user is no longer active on the FTB Wiki. Please do not leave any messages for them; if you need any assistance please ask the current editors on the Centralized discussion or another noticeboard.|
|All finished discussions/discussions over a month old will be moved to my archive. This is so browsing this page becomes easier etc.|
- The Dark Grey Painter? Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a tile for that, are you sure it's called "Dark Grey", and are the Painters supposed to be off of the 16 colours available in Vanilla MC, because every one of those names are right except for "Dark Grey", that's not in Vanilla?
- But I'm pretty sure it's a tile problem, if that is the correct name you would need to get the missing tile to Santa or Retep. :)
- If not, I can change the name later to the correct one.
- --RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 00:19, 12 July 2014 (BST)
- I really just think Santa missed the texture or something. I searched the tilelist and the wiki doesn't even have it registered, meaning either it's on the wrong tilesheet or not there at all. There's a new collection of textures added anyway, and I posted a link for Santa to get started on a few hours ago, but guess he's busy right now or asleep Chocohead Nag• Additions 00:50, 12 July 2014 (BST)
Getting Started Question
Is it OK to expand getting started articles into multiple pages if the new page is about more advanced stuff (like nuclear reactors or IC2's fancy undocumented heat system)? Chocohead Nag• Additions 18:24, 14 July 2014 (BST)
- Yeah sure, I'm assuming you mean guides... :P
- Name it something reasonable, such as "Advanced what-not", or "Ritual Guide (What-not name)".
- I would recommend creating a sandbox to test the code out and spend time improving it, you can see an example of mine here.
- Keep up the good work! :)
- --RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 18:32, 14 July 2014 (BST)
Thanks for the welcome, everyone is being very nice to me here :) About the Navbox, I'm having trouble with it at the moment, but I got the basics of the categories done. If you want to help with it, I'm gonna keep the format of it the same as the AE1 Navbox, in terms of the categories and where the items should go. Feel free to do that if you want to :) Over the next couple weeks, I should be adding lotsa pages, just created the 1st 2 tools so I could get a basic understanding of how wiki code works. But now I should be fine.
- No problem, it's what we do, you can also find us over at the FTB Forums. All the staff should be able to help, and we all specialize in a certain topic or mod.
- If you need any help at all, feel free to contact us and we should get back to you shortly.
- Padfoote created the AE1 Navbox I think, since he maintains the mod. I really don't want to complete the Navbox myself since I don't know squat about AE2, and am already carefully maintaining the Botania Navbox. Plus Padfoote doesn't want to either, so I guess it's up to you. :P
- I'm seeing that you like AE2, if so, feel free to maintain it? Or any mod really the wiki needs more maintainers. You can find a list of maintainers here.
- Also, please sign your posts with "--~~~~"and that shall automatically post your signature for you when the edit is submitted.
- Thanks for asking us, most of the users that register end up quitting after a day...
- Again, feel free to just ask for any help you require. :)
- --RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 17:51, 17 July 2014 (BST)
- I've still got Botania and The Erebus to complete, so I'll be done in time for a stable version. :P
- --RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 20:32, 6 August 2014 (BST)
Since you insist on continuing this, I'll finish it. You violated rule #1 on the forums, as well as the bullying and attacks rule. Jaded responded with the same justice she would have if anyone else had done it, which is an immediate, and permanent, ban. Don't like it? Talk to slowpoke. Don't bring this to wiki, and do not use it as a reason to go on with attacks against Gideon and forum staff members. You did not single handedly change FTB, so stop saying you did. It's a team behind FTB, and all of us have contributed. I suggest you learn to take responsibility for your actions. You were in the wrong, and you got punished for it. Don't blame others for what you did. Take it as a lesson and apply it to life.
- +1. If it gets brought up again, Real, you're getting a permanent ban from here too. Knock it off. And to touch on something I missed while I was asleep:
- "Is there a way I can have my every single one of my edits undone?" No, for three reasons: 1. According to our license, CC BY 4.0, we are allowed to share and alter your material for any purpose, even commercially. The only thing that must be done is you must get appropriate credit, which is done in the history pages, and it must be indicated that changes were made, again, in the history pages. 2. I don't know how to do that. 3. I don't want to. You were a good editor, that's why you were on the team. -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 17:09, 13 August 2014 (BST)
- Look further up both of you, what do you see? You see plans and projects that would be beautifully done. And do you know how many days ago that was, 7. Now let's look a bit further up, you see a caring and encouraging staff member. Now look even further up the page, you see two this time, both showing a quick replying, fun and up for a laugh member, whose contributions were high quality.
- All of that is gone, in a few minutes, Jadedcat managed to completely stop a Wiki Team member from contributing to FTB anymore, and why? Because she believed I was being discriminating, for being honest but still showing that people could be who they wanted to.
- No of course I didn't push FTB alone, everyone who has ever contributed something helpful to this wiki has. I don't know what to do now. You aren't going to block me Santa are you? Because all this is just ridiculous. --RealSketch •Talk •Contributions 17:25, 13 August 2014 (BST)
- Real, everyone believes you were in the wrong except you. It was rude, and rather hurtful to say. Jaded didn't stop you. YOU stopped yourself. You've been asked to drop it, and you refuse to. At this point, I support the ban on here as well. You've been warned by two staff members several times to stop and you will not. Take this as a lesson in life, and learn to accept responsibility for your own mistakes. -- Padfoote Staff • Talk • Contributions 17:32, 13 August 2014 (BST)