|General junk that's ended up on my talk page that's gotten old.|
Post new topics here.
- 1 IC2 Navbox
- 2 Misuse of the 'Usage' Section
- 3 IC2 and whatnot
- 4 Immibis' Advanced Machines page
- 5 Templates
- 6 Shapeless
- 7 A barnstar for you!
- 8 Explanation of something
- 9 A barnstar for you!
- 10 Iron Chest tile
- 11 You might like this question
- 12 Welcome to the Wiki Team!
- 13 Noticeboard
- 14 Image uploading
- 15 Non-FTB mods
- 16 IC2 Fluids
- 17 Uploading images
Alright, so I did the first bit today, but I don't have the admin rights needed to accept the page. I can keep updating it all, but I don't think the changes will display until someone with admin rights accepts what I'm adding. -- Padfoote Staff • Talk • Contributions 22:54, 16 June 2014 (BST)
It doesn't matter if you can't sign it off, I'll bug Retep998 or something :P
- uh, wut. Why doesn't everyone have perms to edit navboxes? /me looks into it and hopefully changes it -- SatanicSantaAdmin•Editor 03:20, 17 June 2014 (BST)
Are you adding things from IC2 Experimental? If so, you or someone (could be myself) needs to change the Mod Maintainers list, so that it doesn't say that we aren't documenting IC2 Exp. -- SatanicSantaAdmin•Editor 19:06, 17 June 2014 (BST)
Misuse of the 'Usage' Section
Hi Chocohead. Just to let you know, we don't add crafting grids in a Usage Section, don't we Paddy?... :(
At most we just link to the page the item or block is used in. Here is the page that I'm talking about: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Raw_Carbon_Fibre
- Yup, Real is right. Please read the article creation guideline for more information. -- SatanicSantaAdmin•Editor 20:29, 18 June 2014 (BST)
- Actually you shouldn't even list recipes it is used in in the Usage section. Rather if the item's main purpose is to be crafted into something else, like raw carbon fibre into carbon mesh, you casually mention that in the description. Otherwise, you don't mention it at all. Retep998 Bunny Overlord•talk•contribs 00:35, 19 June 2014 (BST)
IC2 and whatnot
Hey, you're doing great with IC2, and its related addons. Don't worry, I'm not here to complain. Seeing as (from what I've observed) you're writing articles correctly and racing through documenting IC2, do you mind doing the EU page for me sometime in the future. Seeing as I mention it on a few pages and the links provide no page -and you seem to know IC2 very well. http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?title=Energy_Units&action=edit&redlink=1
Immibis' Advanced Machines page
- I'll have a look at it Chocohead Nag• Additions 21:40, 28 June 2014 (BST)
- Ahhh, that bit. I'll rewrite it some more Chocohead Nag• Additions 17:44, 29 June 2014 (BST)
When you create a template, you must add it to the template list. Failure to do so goes against the template guideline. This isn't a warning, just please do follow this in the future. I've already added it to the list. -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 21:11, 28 June 2014 (BST)
I don't think we actually use the shapeless thing here. At least not that I can see. It's too vague in the picture, and doesn't actually show anything. IMO it's much better to just write "This recipe is shapeless." above the recipe. If someone were to make it so that |shapeless=true would write "Shapeless" on the top of the grid, that'd be awesome, but I doubt it'll happen. -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 01:52, 30 June 2014 (BST)
- We do use the shapeless parameter. --
A barnstar for you!
|(broken file removed)||The Writer's Barnstar|
|Keep up the great content! RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 18:25, 4 July 2014 (BST)|
- Lol, thanks for that edit just now. Feel free to correct any grammatical mistakes on any of my articles! :)
- I'll approve them as soon as you do.
- --RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 20:30, 4 July 2014 (BST)
Explanation of something
"god knows what's wrong with the iron chest's icon though", the problem is that for some reason the Iron Chest is in the Vanilla tilesheet, rather than the Iron Chests tilesheet. So, when you set the mod param to IC, it looks for the IC tilesheet, rather than the Vanilla tilesheet, which uses V. See my sandbox for a visible explanation. -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 01:32, 5 July 2014 (BST)
- That makes sense, apart from the fact that it's on the vanilla tilesheet rather than the iron chests :S Chocohead Nag• Additions 12:54, 5 July 2014 (BST)
A barnstar for you!
|(broken file removed)||The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|Congratulations! RealSketch •Staff •Talk •Contributions 19:05, 29 July 2014 (BST)|
Iron Chest tile
Please stop changing the mod parameter in various templates and such to "V". Eventually I'm going to (or make Retep) fix the Vanilla and Iron Chest tilesheet, so changing it is not productive. Thanks! -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 23:05, 3 August 2014 (BST)
You might like this question
- Sure, that'd be nice :) Chocohead Nag• Additions 00:09, 12 August 2014 (BST)
- You'll be in new usergroups. Currently you are in Autoconfirmed users. You'll be added to Staff, Editor, Autochecked Users, and Reviewers. You can see their uses on Special:ListGroupRights. Additionally, you will have the +AVfrt flags on #FTB-Wiki on esper, the FTB Helper tag on TS, and have access to the hidden section on the FTB Forums. You will also have a much higher say in things that go on with the wiki. I asked retep if this sums it up, "Also in case shit breaks we get to blame him as the scapegoat" -- SatanicSantaTalk•Contribs•Admin 01:08, 12 August 2014 (BST)
- No, but I'll make one now. Chocohead Nag• Additions 19:11, 12 August 2014 (BST)
- http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/chocohead.136010/ <- That work for you? Chocohead Nag• Additions 19:37, 12 August 2014 (BST)
Welcome to the Wiki Team!
Hey, I don't know how often you'll be checking your FTB forums account (and I just released you can't even see the hidden section yet :P), but can you drop by the Staff Noticeboard? Thanks, and welcome to the team. Hope you enjoy your stay. -- Padfoote Staff • Talk • Contributions 23:01, 12 August 2014 (BST)
- I focus a lot on the IC2 forums, so I don't check FTB that much, but I'll at least visit more often now Chocohead Nag• Edits• Staff 23:07, 12 August 2014 (BST)
As I can see here, IC2CA is not in any public modpacks. I talked to Jaded and Slow about non-FTB mods, and we (wiki staff) are supposed to be focusing on the FTB mods, and then the non-FTB mods. So, it's fine for IC2CA to be in the mod maintainer list, but until everything FTB is done, staff is not to document it, unless you made it. I'm bummed too, I wanted to document Better Dungeons :P. Also redlink mod pages aren't to be in the dropdown. I'll add it if there is a page for it. -- SatanicSantaContribs•Administrator and Editor 05:07, 23 August 2014 (BST)
- OK then. I'll make the main page for it, and maybe the navbox, but leave making the other pages. Chocohead Nag• Edits• Staff 12:40, 23 August 2014 (BST)
I just looked at IndustrialCraft 2 Fluids to see how you set it up, and that's a pretty awesome and clever way of displaying each fluid in a specific mod. I like it. -- Padfoote Staff • Talk • Contributions 15:10, 29 August 2014 (BST)
- It is awesome. It's so awesome, that it is now the standard for mods that add a lot of fluids. -- SatanicSantaContribs•Administrator and Editor 18:16, 29 August 2014 (BST)
Did you know you can upload new versions of images without deleting the original? Crazy, I know, but it really helps to preserve the history so we can see how the file has changed. Retep998 Bunny Overlord•talk•contribs 20:47, 30 August 2014 (BST)