SquidUtils is a mod by CoolSquid. SquidUtils adds several config options for vanilla Minecraft features, as listed below. All features are fully configurable.
SquidUtils has a broad range of features:
- Main article: SquidUtils scripting
SquidUtils can read simple script files located at "config/SquidUtils". The following features are available through scripting:
- Triggering certain actions (explosions, damage, ...) when certain events occur.
- Changing hardness, slipperiness, blast resistance and textures of individual blocks.
- Changing the maximum stack size and durability of individual items.
- Creating custom blocks (normal, glass or (with StarStones) meteor blocks).
- Creating custom items and foods.
- Removing potions, enchantments, biomes.
- Removing fish, junk and treasure.
- Removing certain types of mob spawners from dungeons, as well as chest loot.
- Removing Villagers.
- Disabling individual commands.
- Creating simple commands which can read text from a file or retrieve it from the internet.
- Creating new creative tabs.
- Adding shapeless and furnace recipes.
- Adding recipes for Rotarycraft and Thermal Expansion machines
- Making certain items explode when thrown.
SquidUtils generates configuration files in the config/SquidUtils folder for customizing the following game aspects:
- Armor and tool materials
- Blocks and block materials
- Dungeon chests
- Crash callables
- Creative tabs
- Damage sources
- Botania brewing and elven trade recipes
The following game aspects can be disabled:
- Use of certain commands
- Bone Meal
- Glass Bottles
- The debug screen
- Explosions or TNT
- Enderman or Ender Pearl teleportation
- The Wither.
- All vanilla recipes, or all recipes.
- Plant growth (requires AppleCore).
- Passive health regeneration (requires AppleCore).
Various aspects regarding the difficulty of the game can be changed:
- Block hardness multiplier, as well as setting a minimum hardness for all blocks.
- Forcing a difficulty.
- Dividing all stack sizes by a specified number.
- Dividing all items' durability by a specified number.
- Giving all tools infinite durability.
- Setting the starvation damage amount (requires AppleCore).
- Changing the player's walk or fly speed.
- Making Minecarts with TNT explode on impact with entities.
SquidUtils can be configured to monitor the list of mods in a pack and detect if a user added an unsupported mod.
- Display a warning GUI if an unsupported mod is loaded.
- A world border.
- Making villagers unhurtable.
- Option to generate a list of mods in the Minecraft folder.
- Recipes for chain armor.
- A config option to set max render distance.
- Option to password protect Minecraft (just for fun, should not be considered safe).
- A toggleable creative tab for certain Vanilla items.