- This page is about the visual effects added by Forge and Optifine. For other uses, see .
Shaders are programs that alters pixel rendering. In Minecraft they are used to enhance the game's visuals. While Minecraft has its own vanilla shaders, some authors have released their own for use via Forge and Optifine. Some popular shaders, for example, are SEUS and the KUDA Shaders.
- Download Forge or Optifine.
- Navigate to the Minecraft's instance directory and go to the
C:\Users\[account name]\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Awakening - Classic Lite)
- Place the Forge or Optifine .jar file into the folder.
- Download the desired shader pack file.
- Navigate to the the Minecraft instance's
- Place the shader pack files into the folder.
- Open up Minecraft.
- Go to Options → Video Settings → Shaders. An interface with all available shader packs in the
shaderpacksfolder will be displayed.
- Click on the desired shader and wait for it load.
- Start up a world.