- This page is about the Sensor added by RFTools. For other uses, see .
The Sensor is a Redstone logic machine added by RFTools.
The Sensor is a versatile monitoring device, similar to the vanilla Observer block. The Sensor will search in a straight line in front of the block. When the specified conditions are met, the Sensor will output a redstone signal.
The interface consists of three selectors that define the Sense Mode, the Sense Area and Sense Quantity, a field to define the number to sense, and an item slot to specify an item to search for.
The Sensor can:
- Count the number of players
- Count the number of hostile mobs
- Count the number of passive mobs
- Detect the presence of a certain type of block
- Detect the presence of a specified type of fluid
- Detect the growth level of a plant
- Count the number of entities
The Sensor can search 1, 3 or 5 blocks in front of it.
Where the sense area is greater than 1 block, the Sensor can be set to trigger when any or all of the blocks/entities in the sense area match the specified type.
When sensing Players, Hostiles, Passives, Entities or Growth, the Number field is unlocked and the player can specify the number of entities or growth percentage to match.