|Tooltip text||You can feel the latent power present in this crystal.|
Each Crystal has 4 attributes which determines how much RF can be extracted from it using a Generator, how fast can it be extracted as well as how much Radiation will be produced. They range from 0 to 100% and are as follow :
- Strength : how much RF can be extracted from the Crystal in total
- Efficiency : how fast RF can be extracted
- Purity : purer Crystals will emit less Radiation and produce more RF
- Power : how much RF is left in the Crystal, in percentage of the maximum amount
The total maximum amount of RF stored in a given Crystal, as well as the RF/tick it produces can be calculated using the following formulas. The value constraints for Strength, Efficiency, and Purity are .
Radiation is primarly emitted by Crystals from which power is being extracted. When an explosion happens near a Crystal, it will produce a massive explosion proportional to its Strength, while also leaving a lot more Radiation. The amount of Radiation emitted is proportional to the Crystal's Strength and Efficiency, and inversely proportional to its Purity.
Radiation affects an area, applying several negative effects to entities. The strength of those effects is determined by the Radiation's Strength, which decays over time, and the distance of the entity from the source of Radiation :
- Below 2,000 : no effects
- 2,000 to 20,000 : Hunger I
- 20,000 to 50,000 : Hunger II
- 50,000 to 100,000 : Hunger III, Slowness II
- 100,000 to 200,000 : Hunger III, Slowness III, Weakness II
- 200,000 to 500,000 : Hunger III, Slowness III, Weakness III, Poison II
- 500,000 to 1,000,000 : Hunger III, Slowness III, Weakness IV, Poison III
- Above 1,000,000 : Hunger III, Slowness III, Weakness IV, Poison IV, Wither III
Additionally, Destruction Events will regularly occur if the level of Radiation at the source exceeds 300,000. Those will deal damage to all nearby entities, turn Dirt, Grass and Farmland into Poisoned Dirt as well as destroy Leaves.
Radiation levels can be measured using a Radiation Monitor, and Radiation can be kept out of an area using Block of Lead, Obsidian, Dense Glass or Dense Obsidian. Its effects can also be prevented by wearing the Radiation Suit.
Deep Resonance Manual entries
- Main article: Deep Resonance Manual