|Health points||250 ( × 125)|
This information pertains to an older version of the mod. This information was changed in version 1.5.0.
When killed it drops an Ice Crystal, provided it has not been stolen.
Frostmaws spawn asleep, holding an Ice Crystal in their hand. This Crystal can be picked up just like any other dropped item. When a sleeping Frostmaw is approached by a player or attacked, it wakes up, swallowing its Crystal (if it still has it) then using its roar attack before attacking said player. When attacking, it alternates between the following attacks:
- Swipes at its target, dealing 10 () damage to everything in front of it
- Roars, knocking nearby mobs and players away, the Frostmaw has a chance to perform a double swipe attack, dealing double the damage
- Breathes ice using its Ice Crystal, this has the same effect as a player using one, and the Frostmaw will not use this attack if its Crystal has been stolen
- Stands on its hind leg, then slams the ground in front of it, dealing 40 ( × 20) damage to anything it hits, it will only use its attack when its health is below 60% of its maximum
- If very far from its target, the Frostmaw will fire an ice ball, dealing 3 () damage and freezing entities when connecting, the Frostmaw will not use this attack if it’s crystal has been stolen.
If a Frostmaw spends 1 minute without an attack target, it will go back to sleep, putting its Crystal back in its hand.