|It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality.|
|Health points||2000 ( × 1000)|
The Chaos Guardian is a boss added by Draconic Evolution. Each Chaos Island has a single Chaos Guardian that guards its Chaos Crystal. When killed it drops 1 Dragon Heart and gives access to the Chaos Crystal it is guarding.
The Chaos Guardian, unlike almost all mobs, can damage and kill players in Creative mode.
Just like the Ender Dragon, several crystals are scattered around the Chaos Island that will heal the Chaos Guardian and make it immune to damage. Each of them has 50 ( × 25) health, and when hit gains a shield that makes the damaged crystal immune to damage for a random duration between 5 seconds and 10 seconds. Hitting a crystal while it is shielded will refresh the shield's duration.
The Chaos Guardian randomly alternates between 4 movement behaviors, which are:
- Circling around the center of its island, attacking nearby players
- Circling around the closest player and attacking it
- Charging at its current target, dealing 50 ( × 25) damage on contact which bypasses armor, then going back to the center of the island
- Fleeing from nearby players
While doing this, it also randomly alternates between 6 attacks, which are:
- Going to the center of its island and standing there, quickly firing fireballs at nearby players, each dealing up to 2 () damage in an area on impact and causing a small fiery explosion, players further from the impact taking less damage
- Charging at its target, but also continually firing the same fireballs as the previous attack at its target while doing so
- Firing a volley of homing fireballs on its target, dealing up to 2 () damage in an area
- Firing a volley of homing cyan energy balls on its target that can pass through walls, each dealing up to 3 () damage in an area which bypasses armor
- Firing a volley of homing dark red chaos balls on its target that can pass through walls, each dealing up to 3 () damage in an area which bypasses armor and splitting into 3 to 5 smaller chaos balls that deal the same damage on impact, each hit from those chaos balls also drains 30 000 to 40 000 Redstone Flux from any draconic armor the player is wearing
All of these projectiles have 5 () health and can be destroyed, and their explosions ignore damage immunity. They are also able to damage and kill players in Creative mode.
The Chaos Guardian will also periodically fire green balls on nearby dead crystals, restoring them to full health.
When below 20% health, the Chaos Guardian automatically switches to its fleeing movement. In this state it will attempt to restore crystals much more often, will no longer attempt the fireballs attacks and instead can fire a volley of black projectiles that will teleport the player away if they are hit, dealing 10 () damage in the process. Upon regaining enough health it resumes its normal behavior.
Attacking the crystal currently healing the Chaos Guardian will cause it to immediatly switch to its fireball charging attack, or to its chaos ball attack if the crystal was destroyed or the Chaos Guardian is in its fleeing movement.
Lastly, the Chaos Guardian takes 75% less damage on parts of its body other than its head, and any single damage instance it receives exceeding 50 ( × 25) has the exceeding damage reduced by 30%.
On its death, the pillars of all crystals collapse and the Chaos Guardian goes to the position of the Chaos Crystal it is guarding, dropping its Experience there. Lightning will then continually strike above the Chaos Crystal's chamber until it is harvested. Breaking the crystal causes the island to detonate 35 seconds later.