|Wireless Energy System|
Wireless Energy System is an energy system introduced alongside with Imag Flux (IF) by AcademyCraft. It is fundamental in terms of progression in AcademyCraft - machines from AcademyCraft need it to get energy, and ability development also consumes significant amount of IF.
Several terms will be used when introducing wireless energy system.
- Bandwidth: maximum IF transfer rate.
- Capacity: maximum number of components that the system connect with. This has several meanings:
- For the matrix, it means the maximum number nodes that it can connect with.
- For nodes, it is the maximum channel number.
- Do note that sometimes capacity refers to Energy Capacity or Load Capacity, the maximum amount of IF can stored.
- Channel: a connection between a node and a machine; it can be a generator, consumer or bridge.
- Transfer range: the area radius that a component can be connected with.
A wireless energy system usually contains the following components:
Wireless Imag Matrix
- Main article: Wireless Imag Matrix
The Wireless Imag Matrix is the core of the whole system. It can connect multiple Imag Nodes as a whole and balance load on every nodes into other nodes. It is recommended to be used when there are many nodes to manage. In order to let the matrix work properly, three Constraint Metal Plates and a matrix core are required; the metal plates have a more aesthetic purpose, but different matrix cores can provide different transfer ranges and bandwidth.
Wireless Imag Node
- Main articles: Basic Wireless Imag Node, Improved Wireless Imag Node, and Advanced Wireless Imag Node
The Wireless Imag Node is the storage unit of IF. It comes in three tiers, in ascending order: Basic, Improved, and Advanced. The higher-tiered a node is, it has improved energy storage, capacity, and transfer range.
The Imag Flux Generator is the machine that can generate IF for later use. Several are currently available in AcademyCraft, such as the Solar Generator, Phase Generator, and Toast and Cat. Note that the Toast and Cat is creative only, and it is designed for testing.
- Main articles: Energy Bridge (IC2 EU Out), Energy Bridge (IC2 EU In), Energy Bridge (CoFH RF Out), and Energy Bridge (CoFH RF In)
- Main article: Getting Started (AcademyCraft)#Wireless Energy Network
The following table lists details for all Matrix Cores and Imag Flux Nodes.
|Wireless Energy Network Components Specifics|
|Type||Matrix Core Specifics||Type||Nodes Specifics|
|Capacity||Transfer Range (Blocks)||Bandwith (IF/t)||Channel Capacity||Energy Capacity (IF)||Transfer Range (Blocks)|
- It is not required to build a matrix in order to power the machine like Metal Former, just like how it is not necessary to build a ME Controller in order to store items in ME Chest.